Followers

Saturday 4 January 2014

My first...

...bit of crafting for 2014.

I love pretty stationery and notebooks so I thought I would make myself a new notebook.

I have had a collection of boring A5 hardback notebooks tucked away for a while and it was one of these that received the 'make-over'.

This is what I put together using the new DoCrafts Papermania Capsule collection - Parisienne Blue...
...and one of the lovely images from Nicecrane Designs.
The image used is actually from the "Vintage Xmas Greeting Cards (ladies)" set of images but I think these ladies 'work' for many occasions...
 ...not just for Christmas. This particular lady has a slight blue tint to her so she works really well with this DoCrafts collection which consists of blues/creams/white.
The collection includes PPs - I used the 8x8 pad for this project. There are also shaped journal/note cards and large paper blooms...
...the shades of blue are lovely and I loved the crochet trim that is also part of the collection.
This collection of images from Nicecrane is so versatile and they are perfect for using on many different occasions so don't think you would be limited to just Christmas...
...if you would like to obtain this set of lovely ladies you can find them here.

There are new collections of images being added to the range all the time and if you would like to see how the DT have been using them, please hop on over to the Nicecrane blog to take a look.

I had all the best of intentions to get lots of crafting done during the two weeks I have had away from work but I just don't know where the time has gone. It is back to work on Monday (groan) and I feel like I haven't managed to get anything done. Hopefully, once all the Christmas decorations are packed away I'll be able to get to my craft stuff more easily and perhaps even get some more bits made..................................................................................

9 comments:

Suzy said...

Toni that's so pretty and that image goes so well with those papers. There's nothing nicer than a new notevook

Suzy xx

Katherine said...

Beautiful Toni, and the papers and picture go so well - very elegant.

Sue Jones said...

Pretty Note book. I never feel like Christmas is a proper holiday as it is SO manic before and then you are busy for the first week - just Zonked for the second and then back to work!

furrypig said...

such a sweet notebook I really need to do this for the notebooks I use thanks for reminding me with your inspiring idea

MiniOwner said...

Ooh that's gorgeous!
Sue x

Sandra said...

They certainly don't have to be for Christmas, they're lovely. And I could agree with you more, it's lovely to have a new and pretty notebook to start the year with

Debbie said...

Such a pretty notebook. Love the images you have chosen. x

Stef H said...

o I love pretty notebooks and pads too but I definitely don't do anything like this! this is absolutely gorgeous! I buy the $1 pads in Michael's, target or dollar tree. as they're used for scrap pads anyway... why decorate?

still coughing but not as much and I found a t-shirt i'm hoping puppy will let me put on her. temps here now is -12. that's supposed to be the high for the day. bite me. just bite me.

happy, happy new year!

hugs :)

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowwwwww Tony,,,,,so amazing vintage notebook,,,,,,, I really love the way you aply my old lady,,,and your lace,,,,,,,,,,,,waht a gorgeus creation , my friend,,,,,,Happy New Year 2014