Followers

Friday 27 December 2013

Over for another year...

...well, almost.

My fireplace has been decorated with just a couple of bits this year - my rusted greetings sign took pride of place and I added a tartan bow to the corner...
 ...for some reason, red tartans mean 'Christmas' to me so it is not surprising that the Santa on my stocking is wearing a tartan hat.
My rustic tree came out again this year with just a couple of new decorations added...
 ...it is not the largest of trees but I do love the glow of the lights against the gold coloured wicker.
This is a little bit of fun that I had forgotten about...
..lots of little teddies clambering all over a decorated wreath. It is a bisque wreath that was hand decorated using acrylic paints - I have another one that I made that is a village scene that lights up but felt the teddies needed an 'airing' this year.
I love a bargain - don't we all - and I had seen this range of candle accessories last year but thought they were rather expensive. Around about September, Clinton Cards had them reduced (I thought it was to clear last year's stock ready for this year's new designs) and the whole range was marked down to half price...
 ...even better when I got to the till - they had reduced them even further so I went back and got the smaller version of this too. Strangely enough, they were not clearing ready for a new design as these hit the shelves again in the run up to Christmas and they were actually a lot dearer than they had been last year. I definitely got a bargain there.
Now lots of folk have been taking part in "Elf on the Shelf" - I haven't but...
...I do have these two little lasses tucked at the foot of my tree. I dread to think that they might have been trying to ski down the present pile **giggle**

So this year my decorations in the lounge went for a mix of Rustic and Victoriana rather than the Shabby Chic vision that I had in mind. Never mind, as you can see from the countdown above - I have plenty of time to get prepared for next year LOL (I promise to move the countdown shortly - I know there are those of you out there of a delicate disposition who are only just getting over this Christmas).

Today is also the last day where Christmas things can be linked up to Kerryanne English's Friday link party over at the Shabby Art Boutique. Why not hop over there and take a look at all the goodies that folk have been sharing..............................................................

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Ah lovely decorations hun - love them all!

Desire Fourie said...

Everything looks so festive. Hope you had a blessed Christmas.
{I would love you to take part in my 300,000 Page View Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Lol at the ticker comment. It was quite a shock to see it back to big numbers! :D

You make such beautiful spaces both at home and at the office.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

It all looks so lovely Toni. Great bargain on the Christmas candle... it is really nice too.
Happy New Year!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne xx