Followers

Saturday 28 September 2013

Time for a little bit of...

...Vintage Christmas.

Ignacio has some lovely new Vintage Christmas designs available over on his Nicecrane Designs site and his Design Team always have lots of super ideas to see over on the Nicecrane Design Blog.

There are lots of lovely pre-coloured images for those of you who want something fairly quick & easy or are not overly confident with colouring an image yourself.

With my 800+ pens to choose from I'm sure that you can gather that colouring is something I enjoy and this is one of the B&W digital images from this collection...
 ...sitting on my work table along with my favourite pens - my Copic Ciaos.
Most of the colouring has been done on the three cute little moppets getting ready to hang their stockings up for Santa...
...and most of the background has been given just a hint of colour to create a 'washed' effect.

I cut two 8.25inch squares of smooth white CS - scored 1inch in from the 'spine' edge on both pieces and then joined the two pieces together by placing DST down the spine edge...
 ...the front of the card was covered with a sheet of 8x8inch PP from the Craftwork Cards collection "Christmas Post" and I also punched out some of the die-cut poinsettias from the same collection. The spine had two eyelets added and some satin ribbon threaded through. The image was mounted on red textured metallic paper.
I love pearls and doilies and there are always some to be found in my stash...
 ...which I used along with the flowers to add some decoration to the card.

This is the finished card...
 ...which has stuck to fairly traditional colours...
...and as you can see, the embellishments give texture and depth to the card.
Aren't these images just adorable...

...coloured or B&W.

If you fancy having a play with images from this collection you can find the pre-coloured ones here or the B&W ones ready for you to colour yourself here in the Nicecrane Design store. I fell in love with the images in this collection because to me they are of a good old-fashioned Christmas with traditional Santas and excited children celebrating the Festive Season. The image that I used on the card above made me think of how excited my sister and I used to get on Christmas Eve and how we would get into our new night clothes and place our stockings at the end of our beds. Christmas is a time for family and children and I think the images in this collection are just perfect to evoke that Holiday 'feeling'.

I hope you like what I have created. I will be entering this in the following challenges...

Beat the Christmas Rush (September) - Me and Mine
Challenge 144; Use three main colours (my choice - Red/Green/Cream) - CHNC
Anything Goes - CHN Christmas Challenge Extra

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful vintage crafting - thanks for sharing for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautifully coloured, fab image and card

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowww Toni waht a amazing and stunning coloring,,,,,in my Christmas pic,,, (so adorable girls )and I love these embellishements, they are perfect waht a stunning color combo,,,,,,, love this card....Horayyy for Toni.

MiniOwner said...

Wow Toni these cards are stunning as is your colouring. Thank you for joining in Beat the Christmas Rush.
Sue at Me & Mine.